Browse Exhibits (1 total)
Documents, photographs, and books detailing the public libraries in the town of Farmington.
Along with the school libraries, Farmington's first library for citizens was the Farmington Public Library, which resided in the Farmington Opera House. The first library and all of its' books, documents, and colections were destroyed in a horrble fire that engulfed the Farmington Opera House in 1928.
The second public library to be opened in Farmington was the Goodwin Library, whose corner stone was laid on August 23, 1928; the Goodwin Library was dedicated on May 10, 1929 and was opened for business the next day.