Browse Items (47 total)

NAPA Auto comes to Town.jpg
September 1986 business highlight for NAPA Auto, written by Pam Bouchard, for the Puddledock Press.The article reads: A new NAPA Auto Parts Store has recently opened in town on Route 11. Proprietor , Mr. Cameron Kirkpatrick is an Alton resident with…

Varney's Market Outside.jpg
A September 1986 Puddledock Press Spotlight of  Varney's Market.The article reads:Varney's MarketThere is a country store in town that his been here since approximately 1900. Eighty-six years ago; Ma,. Pa, Junior and Sally could have walked into this…

1892 Account 1875 Fire Farmington News, Page3, 1892-02-12.pdf
An 1892 account of the great 1875 fire on Central Street in Farmington, as presented in the Farmington News, Page3, February 12, 1892. The fire was swift and burned down many notable building including the Elm House hotel, the Thurston factory, Nat…

Hatties Place.jpg
Though Hatties's Place is now demolished, this is a promotional campaign from the Puddledock Press which has photos and an article covering history, the restoration of the building which was called the "Hattie White Estate" It also covers the…

Nute Factory Sold Page 3 of The Farmington News, published in Farmington, New Hampshire on Friday, January 19th, 1900.jpg
Farmington News article detailing the sale of the Nute Factory to a syndicate of local buyers, comprised mainly of well known business people of the time. The article appears on Page 3 o Friday, January 19th, 1900 edition.

This is a digital file…

Star Diner Demolished in Car Crash Farmington News, Page1, 1969-05-29.pdf
A Farmington News article, page 1, from the May 29th 1969 issue covering the car crash which demolished the Star Diner on South Main Street. Kiki and Nick Morris were the owners of the diner and the driver that caused the crash was Michael J.…

Star Diner and Factory South Main St Old Edgerly House Shared byKaren Goodwin Johnson.jpg
A digital photograph of the Star Diner & one of the shoe factories on South Main Street. The old Edgerly House can be seen to the far left, a home now known as the Meyer House.

This is a digital file and does not exist in the physical museum…

Roberts Drug Store.jpg
Marketing and advertising from the early 20th Century for the Roberts-Peavey-Osgood drugstore in downtown Farmington. One item is a photo postcard from the Farmington postcard collection. It accounts the opening of the Odd Fellows Hall in 1896, where…

Orrin J Wilson Hilltop Nursery.jpg
From the July 1986 Puddledock article with the photo: "Located at 113 North Main Street is the HILLTOP NURSERY, owned and operated by Orrin J. Wilson. Mr. Wilson has been in the Nursery business for 20 years. A native of Farmington, he resided in…

Farmington News April 4 1963 Page 15 Public Service Plant Demolished.jpg
A Farmington News article from April 4, 1963, page 15, that the Public Service Plant on Central Street was torn down.

This item is a digital file and it does not exist in the physical museum collection.


FHS-Kyle Leach
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2