Browse Items (13 total)

Farmington News, Page1, 1971-12-16.pdf
"Fire Destroys Twin Mills" article from the Farmington News, published in Farmington, New Hampshire on Thursday, December 16th, 1971. The article reads: "An explosion followed by firedestroyed the four-story brick"Twin Mills" on Central…

TwoRecallFightingBigFirePart1.jpg
Several clippings of separate articles and photos, from October of 1997, reporting on the October 1947 Farmington forest fire, with personal accounts and details about the fire from those who remember it. Some articles are full paper sheets, others…

Fire Photo 1981 Old Nute Waldron Factory Corner North Main & East grove Street .jpg
A black and White photograph of the front and side of downtown mill building where the the building has been gutted by fire. The fire happened in 1944 and is well documented. The roof, windows appear to be gone and the some of the floors compromised…

Farmington Public Library history 1890 1935 Farmington News, Page4, 1952-12-12.pdf
Farmington Public Library- A history from its beginning to in 1890 until 1935. This account is from the Farmington News, Page 4, December 12, 1952. Written by Ethel B Nason, longtime librarian. The account covers how the library was formed, who…

Farmington Opera House Burns 1928 Farmington News, Page1, 1928-02-17.pdf
A Farmington News article covering the February 10, 1928 fire that effectively burned the Farmington Opera House to the ground. The library and town offices, along with most books, artifacts, and town records, perished in the fire. Farmington News…

Farmington Escapes Being Wiped Out By Greatest Fire In Local History Farmington News, Page2, 1947-10-31.pdf
Farmington News articles from October-December of 1947 discussing and detailing the Great Fire of 1947. Some of the later articles detail the human toll and monetary costs of the fire. Full news page size.

These items are digital files and do…

Birds Eye View Central & Main Souvenir Postcard .jpg
Black and white, Farmington, NH postcard showing a birds eye view of Central Street and Main Street in downtown Farmington, facing north, up the Main Street hill, during the day. The Richards Block and Odd Fellows Block buildings can be seen in the…

Farmington News 1962 Page 21 Pythias Hall Torn Down.pdf
A Farmington News article from page 21 dated 1962 covering the tearing down of the Pythias Hall. Over the years the hall was home to a candy store, movie theater, offices for Attorney Wiggin, Doctor Lord, and the dentist Doctor Clarkson. The Montauk…

1908 Farmington News Forest Fire Article Part1.png
November 14, 1947 Farmington News article about a major, July 10, 1908 forest fire.

This item is a digital file and it does no exist in the physical museum collection.

FHS-RKL

1940 Account 1875 Fire Church Farmington News, Page4, 1940-11-22.pdf
A 1940 remembrance of the 1875 fire at the First Congregational Church, as recorded in a communication to the editor and public of the Farmington News. The communication is written by Ned Parker and is on page 4, of the November 22nd 1940…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2