Mixed Photo Collection From February 1986 Puddledock Press(St. Peters Church)

Title

Mixed Photo Collection From February 1986 Puddledock Press(St. Peters Church)

Description

St. Peters Church was founded in 1916 and started with a congregation of about twenty-five parishioners. In 1924 the " barn church" was moved back on the property and a new, "proper" house of worship was built on site. A half a century later the church building was no longer able to hold the increasing number of attendees. The old church was was torn down and the parish hall was remodeled into a church sanctuary with much larger seating capacity.

In the second photo, Rev. Arthur Dufour surrounded by young parishioners outside St. Peters Catholic. Rev Dufour was pastor from 1947 to 1964.

Mixed photo collection from the Puddledock Press. These photos are stored together. They are from different periods of time. Last pulled together for possible use in February 1986. Please read each photo explanation for possible details. If you have information not contained in the description about a photo, please pass it on to us so we may update or records and extend public historical record.

FHS-RKL

Files

St. Peters Church Exterior
Circa 1948 Photo St. Peters Church Rev. Arthur Dufour surrounded by young parishioners.
St. Peters Church Interior Sanctuary

Citation

“Mixed Photo Collection From February 1986 Puddledock Press(St. Peters Church),” Farmington Historical Society-Museum of Farmington History, accessed July 19, 2019, https://farmingtonnhhistory.omeka.net/items/show/160.

Social Bookmarking

Item Relations

This item has no relations.