1962 Farmington News Article Pythias Hall Torn Down

Title

1962 Farmington News Article Pythias Hall Torn Down

Description

A Farmington News article from page 21 dated 1962 covering the tearing down of the Pythias Hall. Over the years the hall was home to a candy store, movie theater, offices for Attorney Wiggin, Doctor Lord, and the dentist Doctor Clarkson. The Montauk Sports Club, Pythian Sisters, and the Harmony Lodge also called the building home at one time or another. Most of the building burned in a fire in 1914, but was rebuilt. Before being demolished, to make way for a parking lot, it had been vacant for some time.

This item is a digital file and it does not exist in the physical museum collection.


FHS-Kyle Leach
PLEASE NOTE: This resource was created during the 19th or 20th century. It has biases stemming from those periods.

Creator

Farmington News

Publisher

Farmington News

Date

1962

Files

Citation

Farmington News, “1962 Farmington News Article Pythias Hall Torn Down,” Farmington Historical Society-Museum of Farmington History, accessed November 17, 2019, https://farmingtonnhhistory.omeka.net/items/show/370.

Social Bookmarking

Item Relations

This item has no relations.