Mill Fire Photo 1944 Old Nute Dole-Waldron Factory Corner North Main & East Grove Street

Title

Mill Fire Photo 1944 Old Nute Dole-Waldron Factory Corner North Main & East Grove Street

Description

A black and White photograph of the front and side of downtown mill building where the the building has been gutted by fire. The fire happened in 1944 and is well documented. The roof, windows appear to be gone and the some of the floors compromised or caved in. The front doors are still standing and open. The building was known as the Old Nute Factory and the Dole-Waldron Factory. The building sits on the corner North Main & East Grove Street, which is now Civic Street, facing North Main. As of 2021 it is the site of the Cumberland Farms Store. Only the first two levels of brick work from the original building still exist as part of the building.

Creator

Unknown

Date

1944

Date Created

1944

Contributor

Donated by Joe Bloskey

Files

Fire Photo 1981 Old Nute Waldron Factory Corner North Main & East grove Street .jpg
Fire Photo 1981 Old Nute Waldron Factory Corner North Main & East grove Street Back.jpg

Citation

Unknown, “Mill Fire Photo 1944 Old Nute Dole-Waldron Factory Corner North Main & East Grove Street,” Farmington Historical Society-Museum of Farmington History, accessed December 6, 2021, https://farmingtonnhhistory.omeka.net/items/show/608.

Social Bookmarking