Farmington Public Library History 1890 1935 Farmington News, Page4, 1952-12-12

Title

Farmington Public Library History 1890 1935 Farmington News, Page4, 1952-12-12

Description

Farmington Public Library- A history from its beginning to in 1890 until 1935. This account is from the Farmington News, Page 4, December 12, 1952. Written by Ethel B Nason, longtime librarian. The account covers how the library was formed, who formed it, the first books it held, how it was managed, and how it was designed. Also included are details of incorporation in October of 1891, work of librarians and volunteers, further donations, fundraising over the years, and celebrations and attractions. Additional accounts include the fire that destroyed the Opera House building and the library within. Ending accounts include the fundraising for the new library, donation of the Goodwin library land, and construction of the new library building, and finally the opening of the new library in May of 1929.

Creator

Farmington News

Publisher

Farmington News

Date

1890 1935, 1952

Date Created

1952

Files

Citation

Farmington News, “Farmington Public Library History 1890 1935 Farmington News, Page4, 1952-12-12,” Farmington Historical Society-Museum of Farmington History, accessed July 6, 2022, https://farmingtonnhhistory.omeka.net/items/show/611.

Social Bookmarking