Photograph Of 1859 Farmington Town Lock-up.

Title

Photograph Of 1859 Farmington Town Lock-up.

Description

Photograph of the Farmington town Lock-up, 1859. Photograph is pre-matted with an embossed decorative border. Size 7"x9"

The lock-up or "stone lobby," as it was originally referred to, was on the corner of Church and Union Streets. It was built in 1859 by William Sampson to confine those who had broken laws until the local judiciary could convene and pass judgement. It measured ten feet wide and stood six and a half feet tall.

AEM & RKL-FHS

Creator

Unknown

Date

1859

Files

img-170611103615-001.jpg

Citation

Unknown, “Photograph Of 1859 Farmington Town Lock-up.,” Farmington Historical Society-Museum of Farmington History, accessed October 20, 2019, https://farmingtonnhhistory.omeka.net/items/show/201.

Social Bookmarking

Item Relations

This item has no relations.