G F Mooney & Son Mill Photograph, Advertising, Box Branding

Title

G F Mooney & Son Mill Photograph, Advertising, Box Branding

Description

G F Mooney & Son Mill Photograph, Advertising, Box Branding. The black and white photo is taken in front of Mooney’s Mill with an automobile. Seventeen people are in the staged photo. None are identified. The scanned back of the frame identifies the photo taker, the well known, Farmington photographer E. Dore.

The Mooney and Sons business started in 1888. The Mooney family moved to Farmington in 1916, when Francis Robert Mooney, was only a few weeks old. George Francis Mooney and his son, Francis Joseph Mooney, were the proprietors of the Farmington Mooney Mill It was more formally incorporated in 1946.

Also included are a framed Mooney Mills cardboard box side, with full printed lettering and advertisement information. A second marketing item for the mill is a drawing of the wood, plain and enameled handles, they were famous for, and a key list for their best selling handles, printed on what looks to be aqua colored paper. In addition to making handles, they made wood buttons, turnings for toys, dolls, games and tops.

Items are digital copies and cannot be found in the physical museum collection.

FHS-Kyle Leach

Date

Circa 1922

Contributor

Donated by Norma Mooney- Great Granddaughter of George Francis Mooney and his son, Francis Joseph Mooney her Grandfather.

Files

Mooney's Mill Farmington NH.jpg
Mooneys Mill Back small.jpg
G F Mooney & Son cardboard box Incorp 1946 small.jpg
Mooney and Son Advertisement.jpg
Mooney and Son Advertisement Long.jpg

Citation

“G F Mooney & Son Mill Photograph, Advertising, Box Branding,” Farmington Historical Society-Museum of Farmington History, accessed October 14, 2019, https://farmingtonnhhistory.omeka.net/items/show/549.

Social Bookmarking

Item Relations

This item has no relations.