The Farmington Public Library
The Public Library Association was formally organized on December 8, 1890. Alomg with the private and school libraries in the town, Farmington's first library for citizens was the Farmington Public Library, which resided in the Farmington Opera House on Main Street, which was a cultural hub for Farmington at the time. The first library and all of its' books, documents, maps, and colections were destroyed in a horrble fire that engulfed the Farmington Opera House in 1928. Most town records prveious to that year were destroyed as well. In 1927 the land on which the present library stands was purchased from E.T. Wilson and in 1929 the Goodwin Library opened to serve Farmington.